Instruction Opportunities — at Rossmoor
- Private Lessons: for one-on-one tuning of golfing skills
- Semi-private Lessons: for 2-3 persons
- Group Lessons: for 4-11 persons
- Lessons for all ages: From Beginners to Accomplished. Lessons for Juniors as well.
- Members playing with the Professionals: The challenge of competing with a professional as well as observing techniques and having the option to ask questions on situations encountered.
- Short Game Clinics: Statistically 70% of the strokes of any game are done within 100 yds of the Green. This Clinic specializes in the end game. In addition, seniors unable to use a full swing in their game, can easily improve their use of partial and on the green strokes.
- Nine Hole Playing Lessons: concentrates on the short game and includes ways to approach different situations.
- Women’s Clinics: especially designed for women at all playing levels.
For instruction opportunities, times and dates, call the Pro-Shop at: (609) 655-3182 FAX (609) 655-3992
Professional Golf Staff
Ted Servis, Golf Professional at Rossmoor
A graduate of Princeton High School, Ted — as is the case with most professional golfers — has spent most of his life involved with golf in one way or another.
Coming from a business background, Ted has worked in golf in one capacity or another since 1986. At first he was a Golf Instructor and Operations Manager in W. Windsor, NJ, expanding his knowledge of instructing, course management, equipment repair, shop management and customer relations. Starting in 1989, he held the position of Assistant Golf Professional in 3 major Golf Clubs in New Jersey. In 1998 he became the Head Golf Professional at Rossmoor, and has worked steadily in that position ever since.
Ted is a certified PGA Professional and has furthered his skills in the PGA Business School I (New Orleans), and placed in the top 5% in PGA Business School II (Philadelphia) in 1995.
He was an Assistant Tournament Host for the NJ PGA and a Tour Host for the NJ PGA Junior tournament. He has been an advisor to Rossmoor for many of their tournaments, and been involved in the Westfield Junior Golf Tournament at Rossmoor each July, a Statewide event for young golfers from 9-17. The overall winner plays in the National Westfield Junior Tournament in Ohio. Ted is also involved in organizing the Charity Pro-Member Classic at Rossmoor which features 29 Golf Professionals from New Jersey, the proceeds of the Classic are contributed to charities within the state.
Ted has participated in NJ-PGA section events, and has also been involved in the Rossmoor Community Outreach Events.
Tom Tucci, Golf Course Superintendent
Tom Tucci has been at Rossmoor since 1991 when his twin brother Scott convinced him to relocate back to New Jersey from Florida and work with him on the Golf Course at Rossmoor. Three weeks later, Scott left Rossmoor to work at Metedeconk National Golf Club in Jackson, NJ, and is currently the Superintendent of the Pineridge Golf Course in Lakehurst, NJ.
Thomas graduated the Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School with High Honors in 1994. With a promotion from David Lerner of Castle Golf Management, he took over the daily operation of Rossmoor Community Golf Club in 1995.
Thomas originally worked for Guardian Development, the second developer of Rossmoor Community, then a succession for two management companies, before being hired directly by Rossmoor Community Association Inc., in 2004.
A member of both Golf Course Superintendents Association of America and Golf Course Superintendents Association of New Jersey, he continues to keep up on the latest developments and trends in the Golf Industry by attending local and national seminars and conventions.